By George Graham | Special to The Republican
Some Massachusetts veterinarians warn they are seeing increasing numbers of dogs suffering from THC intoxication, mostly by getting into their owners’ marijuana edibles, following the state’s legalization of recreational pot last November.“It’s increasing in prevalence because there is a lot more use of edibles now,” said Dr. Ellie Shelburne, a veterinarian with Northampton Veterinary Clinic.Prior to the legalization of recreational marijuana, the Northampton practice treated perhaps one dog a year for intoxication with THC, the primary psychoactive constituent of cannabis, Shelburne said. Now, it typically treats one or two dogs a month.
Read More: Massachusetts veterinarians warn of uptick in dogs suffering THC intoxication from marijuana edibles – masslive.com
Leave a Reply